Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mornings and such

While we were taking care of Kona I was getting up between 4:45 and 5:15 to take her out for her morning potty break. It didn't seem terrible to be up that early but each day I decided to go back to sleep, making it so much harder to get up before 8. I actually liked getting up and an even better perk was getting to exchange a few sentences with the husband before he left for work. I also don't really like starting my day so late and to be honest I'm most productive in the am and least productive in the early afternoon. After trying to nail down a dissertation timeline (eek) this weekend, I decided I should just bite the bullet. Getting up early would help me get more work done and I would be on a more similar time schedule as the husband. So today is day 2 of getting up at 5:30 and I'm liking it pretty well (except right at 5:30 when I'm trying to get my butt out of bed). Hopefully it lasts! :)

Weekend in Review
  • Packed up the car with Gracie in tow and headed down to Galveston Saturday for some fun in the sun - it was nice and as usual Gracie loved it.
  • Cleaned lots and lots - fun I know
  • Drew out a template for a headboard and hung it on the bedroom wall to make sure we loved it - we did
  • Grilled out with the husband - one of our go-to meals is Roadside Chicken from Rick Bayless - great flavors and awesome leftovers for whatever we feel like eating (homemade pizzas, enchiladas, salad, etc) over the next couple of days
Roadside Chicken
  • Read the newspaper with the help of Gracie

 Oh and the fabric I ordered a few weeks ago arrived this weekend. Hopefully I'll get a ton of work done on the dissertation this week so I can spend some time over the weekend working on a few projects around here. Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment